Edwin A. Keller Jr.
Eddie Keller has more than twenty five years of experience representing employers in all facets of labor and employment law, including labor relations, collective bargaining, arbitration, internal complaint investigations, employment contracts, non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, employment discrimination claims, reductions-in-force and workplace closures. Eddie litigates before Nevada’s state and federal courts and defends employers in administrative proceedings with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the United States Department of Labor, the Nevada Equal Rights Commission and the Nevada Labor Commissioner.
Eddie is rated as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings,™ and recognized as a leading Nevada labor and employment lawyer by Best Lawyers® since 2007. He was also selected by Best Lawyers® as the Las Vegas 2017 Lawyer of the Year for Labor Law – Management, the Las Vegas 2015 Lawyer of the Year for Litigation – Labor & Employment and the Las Vegas 2014 Lawyer of the Year – Employment Law – Management. In the 2006 edition of Chambers USA, Eddie is noted for his “first-class strategy and communication skills” and ability to “keep his head even in the bloodiest of battles.” In addition, Eddie has been named as a Super Lawyer in the Mountain States Super Lawyers Magazine since 2010.
Eddie’s practice includes counseling and assisting employers of all sizes navigate through the myriad of challenges that arise from the employer-employee relationship, including preventive strategies and the development of internal policies and procedures. He provides training presentations to management and human resources professionals and is a frequent speaker and author on labor and employment law topics. Eddie serves as a Neutral Arbitrator. He is currently on the American Arbitration Association Panel of Employment Arbitrators.
From June 2013 to June 2014, Eddie was the Chair of the State Bar of Nevada’s Section on Labor and Employment Law. He subsequently served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Nevada Practitioners’ Journal of Labor and Employment Law from June 2014 to June 2016.
Joining the firm in 1996 and becoming a partner in 2003, Eddie’s passion for labor and employment law stems from his personal experiences while employed by his family-owned bus company in southern Maryland, which included a turbulent Teamsters Union-initiated employee strike in the late 1980s.
- Nevada, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1998
- J.D., cum laude, American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Law Review: American University Law Review, Member
- B.A., magna cum laude, The American University, School of Public Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- “Stoked About Marijuana Related Accommodations In the Workplace?” Nevada Lawyer Online (Feb. 2015)
- “A Snapshot of the Nevada Legislature’s Most Recent Restrictive Covenant Decisions,” Nevada Lawyer Volume 21, Issue 10 (Oct. 2013)
- “Quirks and Quagmires: Selected Issues Faced During Real-World Harassment Investigations,” Nevada Lawyer, Volume 17, Issue 11 (Nov. 2009)
- “Vigorous Law Enforcement – Vegas Style: Dealing With the EEOC and Its Las Vegas Office,” Nevada Lawyer, Volume 15, Issue 5 (May 2007)
- “Lipstick and Lawsuits: Can Sexual Stereotyping Claims Successfully Combat Appearance Discrimination,” International Association of Defense Counsel Newsletter (July 2005)
- “Give Me $5 Chips, a Jack and Coke – Hold the Cleavage: A Look at Employee Appearance Issues in the Gaming Industry,” 7 Gaming L. Rev. No. 5, at 335 (2003)
- “Two Issues of Retaliation Lawsuits Addressed – Clark County School District vs. Breeden: The U.S. Supreme Court Provides a Timely Reminder of the ‘Basics’ of Employment Harassment and Retaliation,” 9 Nevada Lawyer 6 (Oct. 2001)
- “Section V: The Electronic Workplace,” Workplace Privacy: Real Answers and Practical Solutions (Thompson Pub. Grp. 2000)
- “Will You Be Defenseless to Employee Handbilling?” Nevada Labor Letter (Vol. VIII, No. 11, Nov. 1999)
- “When ‘You Have Mail’ Turns Into ‘You Have A Lawsuit,”‘ Communique (Dec. 1998)
- “The Evidence Project: Proposed Revisions to the Federal Rules of Evidence with Supporting Commentary,” 171 F.R.D. 330 (1997)
- “Improve Your Company’s Health By Reducing Its ‘Salt’ Intake,” The Employer’s Handbook, Volume II (The Labor Letters, Inc., 1997)
- “Avoiding the High Costs of Retaliation Lawsuits,” Nevada Labor Letter (Vol. V, No. 10, Oct. 1997)
- “Death by Textualism: The NLRB’s Incidental to Patient Care Supervisory Status Test for Charge Nurses,” 46 American U.L. Rev. 575 (1996)
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating 2007 – present
- Best Lawyers®, 2007 – present
- Best Lawyers® 2017 Lawyer of the Year – Labor Law – Management – Las Vegas
- Best Lawyers® 2015 Lawyer of the Year – Litigation – Labor & Employment – Las Vegas
- Best Lawyers® 2014 Lawyer of the Year – Employment Law – Management – Las Vegas
- Client Choice Award – Employment & Labor – Nevada, 2013 – 2014
- Super Lawyer, Mountain States Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 – present
- Rising Star, Mountain States Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008
- Desert Companion’s Top Lawyers List 2012
- Legal Elite 2020: The Silver State’s Top Attorneys, Nevada Business, Vol. 35 No. 6
- Top Rank Attorney 2022, Southern Nevada, Nevada Business, June 2022
- State Bar of Nevada
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law & Litigation Sections, Member
- Nevada Practitioners’ Journal of Labor and Employment Law, Editor-in-Chief June 2014 to June 2016
- State Bar of Nevada, Labor and Employment Section, Chairman June 2013 – June 2014; Vice Chairman June 2012 – June 2013; Section Member 2011 – Present
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Clients’ Security Fund, Vice Chairman 2010 – 2012; Committee Member 2005 – 2010
- Defense Research Institute, Regional Editor for Job Description 2003 – 2006
- Nevada American Inn of Court, Associate, 1997 – 1998