Volume: 18 | Issue: 15
August 1, 2019
Topic: This Changes Everything: Complying With The 2019 Legislature’s Vast Changes To Nevada Labor & Employment Law
August 13, 2019, 09:00 AM To 12:15 PM
There are still seats left if you would like to join KZA on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 for a presentation by Jen Sarafina and Kaitlin Paxton addressing the numerous labor and employment bills recently passed by the 2019 Nevada Legislature. In addition to bills impacting public employers, we will discuss the nuances of:
- AB 132, affecting employers’ ability to refuse to hire an applicant who tests positive for marijuana;
- AB 456 and AJR 10, increasing Nevada’s minimum wage and changing overtime exemptions;
- SB 192, specifying the types of health benefits an employer must provide to qualify for the lower tier minimum wage;
- SB 166 and SB 177, changing remedies available before the Nevada Equal Rights Commission;
- AB 248, limiting confidentiality of settlement agreements involving sex claims; and
- SB 312, mandating paid leave.
This Management Workshop is complimentary for all current KZA clients, and breakfast will be provided. CLE credit has been requested and HR certificates of attendance will be available.
To register for the workshop, click here.
KZA Employer Report articles are for general information only; they are not intended and should not be construed to be legal advice. Reading or replying to such articles does not establish an attorney-client relationship. In addition, because the subject matters and applicable laws discussed in Employer Report articles are often in a state of change and not always applicable to every type of business entity or organization, readers should consult with counsel before making decisions based on the same.