The HR Newsletter articles and case summaries below are made available courtesy of FindLaw,® a leading provider of online legal information, for general information only. They are not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice. Reading or commenting on such articles and case summaries does not establish an attorney-client relationship with Kamer Zucker Abbott. In addition, because the subject matter and laws discussed in the articles and case summaries are often in a state of change and not always applicable to every type of business entity or organization, readers should consult with counsel before making decisions based on the same.
- October 10 – Can You Rescind Employee Benefits Without Notice?
- October 10 – Marijuana Banking Law Passes House; Will Senate Follow?
- October 10 – New DHS Rule Poses Threat to Religious Workers and Organizations
- September 19 – Top 3 Questions Regarding Service and Emotional Support Animals in Your Business
- September 19 – What Happens When Your Emotional Support Animal is Labeled ‘Inherently Dangerous’?
- September 3 – Can You Get Paid to Sleep?
- September 3 – Federal Court OKs LGBT Discrimination by Wedding Videographers
- September 3 – Ninth Circuit Not Buying ‘Bikini Baristas’ Freedom of Expression Claims
- September 3 – Federal Appeals Court: Employers Can’t Opt out of Obamacare Birth Control Mandate
- September 3 – Workplace Violence Is so Bad at McDonald’s That OSHA Needs to Step In
- March 25 – Boss Learns $21 Million Lesson in Honoring Employee Religious Beliefs
- March 25 – Top 7 Legal Tips to Avoid Religious Discrimination Claims
- March 25 – There’s No Small Biz Quick Fix for Diversity, Inclusion Issues
- March 25 – Spreading Rumors About Sleeping With the Boss Is Sex Discrimination
- September 11- Court Turns Down Age Discrimination Claim, Cites Performance
- September 11- Court: Church Can Fire Pastor for Low Attendance
- September 11- Court: Employer Violated Labor Law by ‘Laundering’ Housekeepers
- August 21 – $100,000 Lesson on Employee Arbitration Agreements
- August 14 – Univ. of Wisconsin Charged With Age Discrimination by EEOC
- August 14 – In-N-Out Loses Union Busting Appeal
- August 14 – Erotic Poem Gets Judge in Deeper Trouble
- July 3 – Why Your Company’s Drug Testing Policy Is Due for an Update
- July 3 – Tyson Foods Wins Injured Worker’s ADA Discrimination Appeal
- July 3 – AT&T Sued for Pregnancy Discrimination
- January 11 – ‘But-For’ Causation Required for FCA Retaliation Cases