Final Opportunity to Register For KZA’s Next Management Workshop!
August 5, 2019
Topic: This Changes Everything: Complying With The 2019 Legislature’s Vast Changes To Nevada Labor & Employment Law
August 13, 2019, 09:00 AM To 12:15 PM
Your final opportunity to sign-up for Kamer Zucker Abbott’s latest Management Workshop ends this week! Please reserve your seat now and join us next Tuesday morning, August 13, 2019, for a presentation by KZA partner Jen Sarafina and Kaitlin Paxton on the numerous labor and employment bills recently passed by the 2019 Nevada Legislature. In addition to bills impacting public employers, we will discuss a number of the new laws, including:
- AB 132, affecting employers’ ability to refuse to hire an applicant who tests positive for marijuana;
- AB 456 and AJR 10, increasing Nevada’s minimum wage and changing overtime exemptions;
- SB 192, specifying the types of health benefits an employer must provide to qualify for the lower tier minimum wage;
- SB 166 and SB 177, changing remedies available before the Nevada Equal Rights Commission;
- AB 248, limiting confidentiality of settlement agreements involving sex claims; and
- SB 312, mandating paid leave.
This Management Workshop is complimentary for all current KZA clients, and breakfast will be provided. Non-clients are able to attend for a nominal fee.
CLE credit is pending and HR certificates of attendance will be available.
To register for the workshop, click here.
KZA Employer Report articles are for general information only; they are not intended and should not be construed to be legal advice. Reading or replying to such articles does not establish an attorney-client relationship. In addition, because the subject matters and applicable laws discussed in Employer Report articles are often in a state of change and not always applicable to every type of business entity or organization, readers should consult with counsel before making decisions based on the same.