Final Opportunity to Register For KZA’s Next Management Workshop!
Topic: This Changes Everything: Complying With The 2019 Legislature’s Vast Changes To Nevada Labor & Employment Law
August 13, 2019, 09:00 AM To 12:15 PM
Volume: 18 | Issue: 16
August 5, 2019
2019 Nevada Legislature. In addition to bills impacting public employers, we will discuss a number of the new laws, including:
- AB 132, affecting employers’ ability to refuse to hire an applicant who tests positive for marijuana;
- AB 456 and AJR 10, increasing Nevada’s minimum wage and changing overtime exemptions;
- SB 192, specifying the types of health benefits an employer must provide to qualify for the lower tier minimum wage;
- SB 166 and SB 177, changing remedies available before the Nevada Equal Rights Commission;
- AB 248, limiting confidentiality of settlement agreements involving sex claims; and
- SB 312, mandating paid leave.
This Management Workshop is complimentary for all current KZA clients, and breakfast will be provided. Non-clients are able to attend for a nominal fee.
CLE credit is pending and HR certificates of attendance will be available.
To register for the workshop, click here.
KZA Employer Report articles are for general information only; they are not intended and should not be construed to be legal advice. Reading or replying to such articles does not establish an attorney-client relationship. In addition, because the subject matters and applicable laws discussed in Employer Report articles are often in a state of change and not always applicable to every type of business entity or organization, readers should consult with counsel before making decisions based on the same.