Jen J. Sarafina
Jen Sarafina joined Kamer Zucker Abbott in 2005 and became a partner in 2013. Jen represents employers in all facets of labor and employment law before administrative agencies and the state and federal courts. Jen has represented clients in labor arbitration matters, she has been extensively involved in multiple employer labor negotiations, and has represented clients in matters pending before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Nevada Employee-Management Relations Board, the Nevada Labor Commissioner, and the Nevada Equal Rights Commission. She has secured important victories for clients in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Nevada state and federal courts, and before the National Labor Relations Board.
Jen has been recognized in Best Lawyers® since 2012, and as a Rising Star in the 2010, 2014 and 2015 editions of the Mountain States Super Lawyer magazine. Best Lawyers® named Jen as the Las Vegas 2022 Lawyer of the Year in Employment Law for management.
Jen also conducts employee and supervisor training and has spoken to the Southern Nevada Human Resources Association as a member of its annual legal panel in 2009 and 2010.
Jen is a member of the State Bar of Nevada’s Litigation and Labor and Employment Law Sections, and has served on the State Bar of Nevada’s Southern Nevada Disciplinary Board since 2010.
- Nevada, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2014
- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Employee Leave Issues: Five Traps to Avoid, (co-authored with Dare E. Heisterman), Nevada Lawyer, March 2020
- It is No Longer “Business as Usual” for Employers After the NLRB’s Implementation of new “Quickie” Election Rules, Communiqué, Clark County Bar Association, March 2016
- Best Lawyers®, 2012 – present
- Best Lawyers® 2022 Lawyer of the Year – Employment Law – Management (Las Vegas)
- Rising Star, Mountain States Super Lawyer Magazine 2010, 2014-2015
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Labor Law, 2006
- Legal Elite 2020: The Silver State’s Top Attorneys, Nevada Business, Vol. 35 No. 6
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Nevada, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member, 2005 – present
- Southern Nevada State Bar Disciplinary Board, Member, 2010 – present